GM crops: overview
This overview section includes an explanation of how GM crops are created and the companies involved, including examples of commercial conflicts of interest.
The main environmental, health and socio-economic issues associated with GM crops and foods are also outlined. More detail is given on a crop-by-crop basis in the GM crops: current situation and GM crops: under development sections of this website.
This overview section also includes some information about the debate about whether GM crops are needed to feed the world.
You can find all these subsections using the menu on the right.
- Press articles
- Union of Concerned Scientists: Genetic Technology's Answer to A Major Insect Pest (29th July 2013)
- ABC: Study: no yield advantage with GM crops (24th June 2013)
- Food Consumer: 10 reasons why we don't need GM foods (4th May 2013)
- The Guardian: The biofuel belt keeps creeping across the US - and it's wildlife that loses out (1st March 2013)
- The Ecologist: The GM lobby and its 'seven sins against science' (31sr December 2012)
- External links